- No names – Try not to etch names of your loved one’s in your body. You may not have the same feelings and attachment to that person after 10 or 20 years.
- Think back – Think back 20 years and you then feel that you didn’t need a tattoo, then don’t get tattoo now. There is a chance that you may regret getting it after 20 years.
- Stop following trends – Trends are subjected to change at any time. If you find something trendy at one point of your life, may not be so after 10 or 20 years.
- Think forward – The tattoo design on your body may not look the same when you are old and wrinkled.
- Choose tattoo designs that represent your personality. Consider your hobbies, career, talents, etc.
- If you are choosing tattoo designs for appearance and trend, try to get traditional designs like stars, flowers, animals, and angels which never go out of trend.
- Choose an artist who has a good experience in tattooing.
- Asian characters are a good choice, if you like meanings in the design.
- If you love a design too much which doesn’t have an inner meaning, go get it. Even if it’s Mickey mouse or Donald duck.
- If you think of removing the tattoo before it’s done, try to avoid multicolored tattoo designs. Colored inks are very hard to remove and require multiple treatments, more pain and more money. Black ink is the easiest to remove. Yellow is nearly impossible and green is very difficult to remove. So, go with black if you wish to remove it in future.
- If you feel a bad impression on the design or the artist, don’t go through with it.
- Face, hand and feet require more time to heal properly and need more touch-ups. It will be more costly too.
- Try temporary tattooing before going for the permanent.
CHOOSING A TATTOO DESIGN
People had been using marks on their body to represent number of things. At early times, peoples used these marks to denote their loyalty to the tribe they belong and for many other reasons. But now, tattooing is the reflection of one’s personality. Tattooing is gaining popularity and becoming more accepted in the society. As a result, people are getting out in a rush to get permanent ink on their body with the first “idea” that comes to their mind. But, don’t forget the fact that a tattoo design is forever, and you have to consider a few hints before making a permanent mark on your body that reflects your personality.
Choosing a tattoo design is a tough process. You have to keep in mind that the tattoo design you choose is forever, and the removal is very expensive. You have to be happy whenever you see that design on your body. So, think wisely before choosing the tattoo design, and don’t forget to consider, where to put that tattoo.
Tips to choose your tattoo design:
The most common question asked by the people before tattooing is “where does it hurt the most?”. But there is no particular rule for this matter. According to the opinions of various people, I had listed some ideas:
Least painful areas;
Men - arm, back, buttocks
Women – abdomen, thigh, buttocks, shoulder
Most painful areas;
Men – spine, chest, abdomen
Women – ankle, ribcage, spine
You can do research on finding the perfect tattoo design for you. There are many tattoo related magazines and number of pictures available on internet. Whatever design you get tattooed on your body, the impression of other people will be depended on it. So, if you like to make a good image in people’s eyes, get a design that suits your personality.